Environmental Sustainability: Thymly Products Inc. strives toward a greener tomorrow!
TPI is committed to environmental health & protection. While we are proud of our green initiatives we continually seek areas to improve upon to ensure a better tomorrow. We are building on the current strengths of our environmental programs to amplify sustainable practices throughout our business and reduce our carbon footprint.
TPI’s Green Initiatives include:
- Energy saving fluorescent lighting.
- Motion detection fluorescent lighting.
- Time and Temperature activated HVAC controls.
- Scheduled daily downtime. Where all lights, production equipment, computers, and heating systems are turned off or cut back to minimum operation.
Solid Waste Reduction
- Recycling programs in place for Plastic, Metal, and Paper.
- Reducing our solid waste by 68% from 2010.
- A recycling program partnering TPI with local farmers and landscaping companies for agricultural use of scrap products.
- Reducing our solid waste by an additional 30% from 2010.
- Use of reusable dishware to reduce paper waste even farther.
- Donations are made to such organizations as AIB and K State
- Donations are made to culinary learning institutions to educate the future of our industry in ECO Friendly practices.
- Whenever possible TPI uses products from companies that also have environmental stewardship programs in place.
- TPI uses office paper produced from sustainable forestry.
TPI’s future Green endeavors include:
- Researching and use of recycled office & restroom supplies such as pens, paper towels, and toilet tissue.
- Researching and use of recycled plastic trash can liners.
- Researching shipping products such as bags, cartons, and plastic wrap that may be made from recycled or sustainable sources.
- Research into the possible improvement of air filtration systems .