Environmental Sustainability: Thymly Products Inc. strives toward a greener tomorrow!
TPI is committed to environmental & health protection. While we are proud of our green initiatives we continually seek areas to improve upon to ensure a better tomorrow. We are building on the current strengths of our environmental programs to amplify sustainable practices throughout our business and reduce our carbon footprint.
TPI’s Green Initiatives include:
Energy saving fluorescent and LED lighting.
Motion detection fluorescent lighting.
Time and Temperature activated HVAC controls.
Scheduled daily downtime, where all lights, production equipment, computers, and heating systems are turned off or cut back to minimum operation.
Solid Waste Reduction
- Recycling programs in place for Plastic, Metal, and Paper.
- Reducing our solid waste by 68% from 2010.
- A recycling program partnering TPI with local farmers and landscaping companies for agricultural use of scrap products.
- Reducing our solid waste by an additional 30% from 2010.
- Use of reusable dishware to reduce paper waste even farther.
- Donations are made to such organizations as AIB and K-State.
- Donations are made to culinary learning institutions to educate the future of our industry in eco-friendly practices.
Whenever possible TPI uses products from companies that also have environmental stewardship programs in place.
TPI uses office paper produced from sustainable forestry.
TPI’s future Green endeavors include:
- Researching and using recycled office & restroom supplies such as pens, paper towels, and toilet tissue.
- Researching and using of recycled plastic trash can liners.
- Researching shipping products such as bags, cartons, and plastic wrap that may be made from recycled or sustainable sources.
- Researching into the possibilities for improvement of air filtration systems.